Horse instructors teach horseback riding and organize walks for clients on horseback.
In their work, the instructors teach horseback riding and promote horseback riding and active recreation. They provide instructions and recommendations on the proper handling of horses and the use of equipment.
The horse instructor explains and ensures compliance with the rules of riding, personal safety and customer safety. During classes, he or she recommends exercises and tasks using appropriate teaching methods.
A horse instructor is responsible for the safety of riders and horses and provides medical care if necessary. Their tasks are to assess the psychophysical condition of riders and horses and the technical condition of the equipment. The instructors assist in any activity related to the horse and maintain the necessary documentation.
- preparation of a schedule of riding lessons
- control over the psychophysical condition of the horse
- checking the technical condition of equestrian equipment for the safety of riders and horses
- providing instructions and assistance to clients in handling horses and equestrian equipment
- providing instructions and monitoring compliance with safe driving rules
- control over classes, testing skills, assessing the rider’s progress in training and providing the necessary medical care
- selection and recommendations of appropriate exercises during classes
- maintaining documentation of provided services
- maintenance of the workplace in compliance with labour protection and fire safety.
Lots of jobs for horse instructors you can find on Jooble website.
To work as a horse instructor, it is advisable to have secondary education in any field, a medical certificate confirming the absence of contraindications for horseback riding. The applicant must successfully complete a practical and theoretical training course for a riding instructor or a basic riding instructor course organized by specialized organizations.