A natural dietary supplement called serrapeptase helps reduce inflammation and pain in some patients. Interestingly, this enzyme is derived from silkworms, which is a surprising and unexpected fact. A proteolytic enzyme found in silkworms called serrapeptase is also known as serratiopeptidase. We don’t know everything there is to know about this nutritional supplement, but the story of how it came to be is certainly unusual.
WHAT IS SERRAPEPTASE?
An enzyme called serrapeptase is a protease, which means it breaks down proteins by converting them into smaller pieces. The Serrapeptase enzymes in your body play an important role in speeding up specific metabolic processes. You eat sugars, fats, and proteins that your body absorbs by breaking them down into small microparticles in your saliva and pancreas. Serrapeptase has a broad spectrum of action, and it has a significant impact on human health.
Nevertheless, Serrapeptase enzymes are responsible for more than just digestion. Keeping your body healthy requires enzymes, which are essential for healing, fighting bacteria, and reducing inflammation. The pain-reducing and anti-inflammatory properties of serrapeptase have been used throughout history. A number of conditions like bronchitis and sinusitis have been treated with it as an alternative to NSAIDs.
For thousands of years, serrapeptase has been used as an anti-inflammatory agent to treat the following conditions:
- Medications used to treat arthritis
- Heart diseases are treated with it in various ways
- Helpful when it comes to preventing dental infections
- Analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-swelling properties make this compound a useful alternative to other drugs. It also boosts immunity.
Although, scientists are still studying serrapeptase and conducting clinical trials to determine its exact function. Some potential benefits of serrapeptase include:
- Swelling: Scientists discovered that serrapeptase could reduce inflammation and pain associated with surgery and injury.
- Respiratory issues: Serrapeptase improved symptoms of chronic bronchitis in a small clinical study. Serrapeptase helped decrease the amount of sputum that they coughed up and helped reduce coughing frequency. Additionally, serrapeptase was shown to help reduce the viscosity and elasticity of the secretions while simultaneously reducing the solid content.
- Inflammation: People suffering from ear, nose, and throat disorders were able to reduce inflammation and swelling by taking serrapeptase.
- Infections: Serrapeptase can contribute to the effectiveness of specific antibiotics since it prevents bacteria from forming protective biofilms, meaning that infections are more effectively treated.
- Clotting: Serrapeptase may prevent blood clots by breaking down fibrin and tissue, although more research needs to be done to investigate this.
Is Eistira helpful to you?
Since 2014, the website eistira.com has been dedicated to people who are interested in the synergy between traditional medicine and the natural world. Several of Eistira’s products include natural preparations, dietary supplements, teas, and medicinal herbs, vitamins and minerals, and vitamins in various forms. They have a team of nutritionists and physiotherapists that are available to help you choose products, in addition to Eistira providing comprehensive nutritional therapies and diet plans. Further, they provide medical tourism arrangements around the world for a variety of diseases.