Anyone who has used Microsoft Outlook knows how difficult it is to convert an OST file to a PST file. If Outlook is unable to sync an .ost file with the Exchange or IMAP mail account server, the file becomes inaccessible. When Outlook is syncing with online accounts, there is also the possibility of faulty updates or an improper system shutdown that might orphan the OST. Another issue is the portability of OST files. Because an OST file is usually associated with an account, copying it to another PC is not possible.
Everyone desires a quick and simple method for completing a task which is quite the same case when converting OST to PST. Despite the fact that Outlook includes tools for converting OST files to PST files, the process is time-consuming and labor-intensive. Furthermore, using Outlook to convert an unavailable or orphaned OST file is pointless if you can’t access it in the first place. This is where an OST to PST converter, such as EdbMails can quickly and easily convert inaccessible or orphaned OST files into Outlook PST formats. Continue reading for a comprehensive review of the software.
EdbMails OST to PST software – An Overview
This OST to PST converter program can easily convert large OST files to PST files (without size limitations). The software granularly extracts all offline Outlook data file files such as attachments, emails, notes, tasks, calendars, contacts and so on preserving their uniqueness and consistency. This is also retained when converting from OST to PST, with no data loss or changes occurring during the process.
EdbMails works with all Exchange and Outlook versions, from 2003 to the most recent 2016 and 2019. Furthermore, the software is compatible with all Windows Operating System and Server versions, ranging from Windows 7 to the most recent 10 and 11.
This software allows you to save OST files in EML, MHT, and HTML formats. This is useful if you want to open and check your mail from multiple apps, such as a web browser or notepad.
EdbMails OST converter includes a free demo version that allows you to convert an OST file to a PST file (with 30 items from each folder restriction). There are three distinct pricing plan flavors designed to meet the needs of different users and requirements: Personal, Corporate Premium, and Technical, each with their own set of functionalities.
EdbMails OST Corporate Premium Edition, for example, allows you to directly import the contents of an OST file into an online Office 365 or live Exchange account, in addition to supporting OST to PST conversions. This makes things a lot easier when a company switches from one email domain to another and needs to transfer mailboxes directly in less time without any intermediate steps or other complications. The Technical Edition is similar to the Corporate Edition in that it can be installed on multiple PCs and in multiple locations. It is appropriate for data recovery companies and maintenance companies that want to use the license to provide data recovery to their customers.
How to use EdbMails to convert OST to PST files?
First steps and System Requirements
Install the software on a device that meets the following system requirements to get started:
|RAM||512 MB minimum and 4GB recommended|
|Processor||Intel-Compatible processor with 1GHz (Both x64, x86 supported)|
|Hard Disk||20-30 MB installation space and enough space for storing the PST file.|
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 and all Windows Server versions|
|Microsoft Outlook||Any Outlook version for the OST to PST conversion|
The following steps illustrate the entire process
- Launch the software, then navigate to the OST file in the ‘Default Location’ (C:AppData>Outlook folder). We strongly advise you to make a backup copy of the OST and use it instead of the original.
- Wait for the software to recover the contents of the OST file you want to convert once you have it. It completes this task quickly and without hiccups.
- After the recovery process is completed, you will be presented with a comprehensive list of items neatly structured in a tree-format to click and select. There are numerous operations available here, such as exporting individual mail items to formats such as HTML, EML, and MHT. You can use the filter options by clicking on the Settings button. At the bottom, you have three options: Export to Outlook PST, Migrate to Office 365, or Live Exchange.
4. Select the mail items you want to export to Outlook PST (if you prefer the PST format). You will be asked to choose a location from the software’s interface, browse for it and start the conversion process.
5. To migrate the contents to Office 365 or live Exchange, you must use the Corporate Premium or Technical Edition of the software.
EdbMails OST to PST software is a powerful tool for converting OST to PST when Outlook fails to open or when the OST itself becomes inaccessible due to mailbox profile oversizing or accidental deletions. It also enables you to instantly import mail items from an orphaned OST to a new or current live Exchange Server, or Office 365. During our tests, the software program performed admirably and accurately in transferring all mail items from an OST file to a PST file. We also give it full marks for its impeccable data consistency and integrity, which is more important than any other aspect in any file conversion software. You can begin by downloading a free trial version from the tool’s official website. If you require additional assistance, contact EdbMails’ 24/7 customer support for a free live demo or refer to the video guides to become acquainted with the tool.