Just like any other part of your house, windows need care and repairing too. After all, it is going to keep your house safe in any climate. Winters and rainy seasons are the most important time of the year where windows play a very important role. They will not only make your house look lovely, but will ensure to reduce your energy bills too.
How do you know that you need a window repair or replacement?
This will depend on the type of issue your glass is facing such as the broken or cracked glass, rotting mullions, stuck sashes, and damaged window casing. You need to figure out what is the problem with your window and how you can solve the problem.
If you have an inexpensive vinyl window that needs some kind of repair or replacement, then you can call a handyman you know and get it upgraded. For your reference, you have Trident Glass repairs who can provide you with solutions for your glass repairs in Sydney.
Whether you need to replace or repair your window?
In most cases, repairing can work the best for your windows. Replacement of the window can work the best for problems like weather stripping, or any gaps that need to be sealed.
When your supplier is suggesting a repair of your window, then this means they are going to use the existing part of the window. If the panel of the glass is damaged, then the only option is to replace the whole glass. Here are some reasons why you might want to use the option of repairing instead of replacement.
- If there is broken or cracked glass, then you can just change the glass instead of the whole window.
- When you have a worn-out or brittle putty, then all you will have to do is to clean the area and apply a fresh putty.
- Sashes that are stuck or immobile also can be repaired. This usually happens when there are two sashes stuck together or there are layers of paint applied to it.
- If there is a damaged or missing window casing, you can repair it instead of replacing the whole window.
Replacement of your window
Replacement could be a better option in the following cases:
- If you got a wooden frame that has been water damaged or has moulds thriving over it then you will have to get a new one.
- If you got your window panes damaged, then you will have to replace them with a new one.
- When the window seals are broken or cracked due to temperature fluctuations then you will have to recover the panes.
- Sometimes the windows are closed, but still unable to keep the draughts out, then you will have to go for a total window replacement.
Windows are one of those things in your house, that can keep your family safe and bring light and peace to your home. All you need to do is to keep them in good shape.